Change and the changeless

Govind Rengarajan govind at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Thu Nov 6 10:36:30 CST 1997

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Gummuluru Murthy wrote:

> The SELF pervades all, here, there, everywhere, you, me and everyone.
> SELF is the rock, the animal, the plant, the human. SELF does not
> speak. SELF does not act. But it is the SELF that powers you to speak.

        If I may ask, how do you know this? Through scriptures
        or ... ? Hypothetically speaking, if it were possible
        for you to completely erase everything you have learned
        so far from your memory - everything from giitaa to
        upanishads, statements of sages, etc., will you still
        be able to make the above statement?

> What is spoken is the intellectual self's understanding of the SELF.

        Can the intellect truly understand/comprehend the Self? If
        so, the ancient seers who said "neti neti" were clearly
        cheating!

        namO nArAyanA,
        govindarajan