miscellaneous {fwd)

Ravi Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Fri Apr 10 14:01:08 CDT 1998

namaskAram

In principle, I accepts the points stated by shrI Vidyasankar Sundaresan.
As I wrote earlier, I will show flexibility on the scope of the List.
I will keeo in mind the items, discussed by the members on the scope of
the list.

But I request to the members, to remember when they write, purpose of the
list is to discuss advaita-vedanta as taught by shrI shankara.  Members
are free to write on topics related to advaita-vedanta as before. If
some article goes out of scope, I will decide on case by case basis.

Postings comparing buddhism, or other nAstika philosophies with
advaita-vedanta, with the purpose of clarifying few points and
with the intent of understanding advaita-vedanta will be accepted for
the list. But it has to go through me,  Other than this context, discussions
on traditions like buddhism and its philosophy will not accepted.

I thank for Shri Vidyasankar Sundaresan, taking his time and writing his
views on this issue. As always, his scholarly approach to the topic of
discussion is very helpful.

Ravi

devI mInanEtrI brOvarAvE daya cheyavE brOvarAvamma
sEvinchavArikellanu chintAmaNiyaiyunnAra

bAlA nIvE gatiyani chAlA nammina nApai
parAkEla daya chEya nIkiti mElA divyAmbA
kAlA divirANI shataguNashIlA kIravANi devI
nIla nIradavENI trilOkajananI devI maheshvarI bhavAnI

                                        shyAmashAstri