Meditation on "Bliss of Brahman", Pt. 2

MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM
Sun Mar 15 17:12:36 CST 1998

sarvebhyo namaH,
  This is Part 2 of "Meditation on
'Bliss of Brahman'" from Chapters 14
and 7 (respectively numbered) of
pa~nchadashii:

 "He who is subject to erroneous conviction
may practice meditation. I do not confuse
the Self for the body. So in the absence of
such a delusion why should I meditate?
(48/261)
  Even without being subject to this delusion,
I behave like a human being through the
impressions and habits gathered over a long
period. (49/262) (As the country wheel of
the potter continues to move for some time
even after the push is delivered, so the
knower's body and habits continue to exist.)
  All worldly dealings will come to an end
when the fructifying Karma wears out. If it
does not wear out, thousands of meditational
bouts will not stop the dealings. (50/263)
  To bring to an end your worldly dealings,
you may practice contemplation as much as
you like, but I know the worldly dealings to
be perfectly harmless. Why should I then
meditate? (51/264)
  There is no distraction for me, so for me
there is no need of samaadhi, too. Both
distraction and absorption are states of the
changeable mind. (52/265) (By samaadhi or
intense concentration, distractions can be
removed but as the knower is perfectly in
peace, the practice of concentration is
redundant.)
  I am the sum of all the experiences in
the universe; where is the separate experience
for me? I have obtained all that was to be
obtained and have done all that was to be
done. This is my unshakeable conviction.
(53/266)
  I am associationless, neither the doer nor
the enjoyer. I am not concerned with what
the past actions make me do, whether in
accordance with or against the social or
scriptural codes. (54/267)

(To be continued . . . )

OM shaantiH shaantiH shaantiH

dhanyavaadaH,