|| shrI sha.nkarAchArya aShTottara-shata-nAmAvaliH ||

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Sun May 17 22:26:09 CDT 1998

anaghassArahR^idayassudhIsArasvatapradaH |
satyAtmA puNyashIlashcha sA"nkhyayogavilakShaNaH || 9 ||

AUM anaghAya namaH
I bow to shrI shankara who is free from bad qualities.

AUM sArahR^idayasudhiye namaH
I bow to shrI shankara the essence of whose heart is nectar.

AUM sArasvatapradAya namaH
I bow to shrI shankara who bestows knowledge and kavitvam.

Once shrI shankara bestowed out of his infinite grace,
instantaneously, knowledge and kavitvam to his disciple giri. shrI
giri is known as toTakAcharya after the toTakAShTakam which he
composed in praise of shrI shankara.

AUM satyAtmane namaH
I bow to shrI shankara who abides in the Truth.

AUM puNyashIlAya namaH
I bow to shrI shankara whose conduct is pious.

AUM sA"nkhyayogavilakShaNAya namaH
I bow to shrI shankar who through his advaita-vedanta vAda proved that
the goal of sAnkhyayoga deviates from the truth.

--
Note: Please correct me when I make mistakes.