VairAgyam

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 27 12:26:57 CDT 1998

NamashkAr,

   I thank everyone who gave such excellent explanations about
VairAgyam.  I would like to request one further clarification.

   ShrI Giri had given an excellent analogy to explain the role of
bhakti in cultivating vairAgyam.  It was an eye-opener.  My question
is, how do I worship bhagavAn without a sense of "I-ness"?  Also, a
lot of the pujAs, homAs etc. have an objective of propitiation and
Punya as a result.  Doesn't this cultivate attachment?

Thanks,

-Vivek.