ADVAITA-L Digest - 1 Feb 1999 to 2 Feb 1999 (#1999-24)

Giridhar giridhar at CHEMENG.IISC.ERNET.IN
Wed Feb 3 03:11:16 CST 1999

>May I ask the source of your information regarding Prana going out the
Sahasarara
>versus being absorbed in the Spiritual Heart? Do you have a scholarly
reference? I

Bhagavan Ramana himself has answered this question in 1946 in "Day by
Day with Bhagavan" The reference He cites is a Malayalam book.

They are also hints of Prana going out of the "101st nerve" (in the head)
versus
being absorbed in the Heart in the Brahma Sutra Bhashya by Shankara,
especially
IV.ii.7, IV.iii.7, IV.iii.17 etc. (only quoting from memory...).

AUM shaantiH