Ref: Advaita and Prophet Shankara (fwd)

Ravi msr at COMCO.COM
Sat Mar 13 19:47:47 CST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:14:41 -0000
From: Vivekananda Centre <vivekananda at btinternet.com>
To: ravi advaitin list <msr at comco.com>
Subject: Ref: Advaita and Prophet  Shankara

Namaste and pranams

Replacing the word 'prophet'. We are quite happy to replace
the word 'prophet' with 'exponent' or 'teacher' We thank Sri
Rama for pointing out that Sri Shankara is not a prophet but
just an exponent or a teacher of Advaita.We rephrase our
question with due apology to Sri Shankara.

To what extent does an exponent of Advaita like Sri Shankara
'almost' explain Advaita? (The word 'almost' comes from the
posting of Sri Giridharji).

Regarding the comments about Sri Jaladharji -- we are
pleased to hear that he 'does not claim to be an expert
teacher/exponent or guide of advaita' - but that is Sri
Rama's views. Does Sri Jaladhariji agree with this?

We are also very impressed that Sri Rama has defended Sri
Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda in the past on some other
lists. All list members will join me in thanking him for his
kindness.

jay
Vivekanada Centre London