SankarAcArya's bhagavad gItA bhAshya postings resumed

Tue May 11 19:07:22 CDT 1999

Dear list members,

It has been a while since I posted the gItA bhAshya
translations and notes on this list. I have only recently
resubscribed to the list, owing to travel and work
pressures.

The previous postings on the gItA bhAshya were
made on August 25, 31, October 3, 14, 15,
November 3, 7, 10, 13, 14 and 16, 1998. In these, I
had covered SankarAcArya's introductory chapter
and the commentary on verses 2. 11-16, ending with
the verse nAsato vidyate bhAvo nAbhAvo vidyate
sataH. As mentioned before, SankarAcArya provides
no commentary on the fist chapter (arjuna-vishAda-
yoga) and the first ten verses of chapter two. Instead,
he provides a general comment on all these verses as
part of his introduction to verse 2.11.

I will resume from the commentary on verse 2. 17
from the next post with this subject line.

S. Vidyasankar