pitri tarpana

Thu Jul 13 12:47:28 CDT 2000

elmec <elmec at GIASBG01.VSNL.NET.IN> wrote:

>Thank you, Sri Vaidya Sundaram, for the additional information. I really
>did
>not know that tarpana is offered to forefathers even by those whose
>parents
>are alive !

To clarify, this is not the pitR tarpaNa done on amAvAsya days, but
part of the daily brahmayajna, where the RNa-traya (debts to devas,
Rshis and pitRs) are acknowledged. pitR tarpaNa on new moon days is
to be done only by him whose father has passed away.

Vidyasankar

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org