pitri tarpana

elmec elmec at GIASBG01.VSNL.NET.IN
Thu Jul 13 13:05:09 CDT 2000

Hari Om,

Thank you for the clarification. The daily offering made to Pitr by all is
for the Pitr devathas which is just jala tarpana, and is part of the Rna
trayas. That done on amavasya day is tila tarpana for the respective pitrs
and done by only those whose father is no more.

Regards,
latha Vidyaranya

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam