Srimadbhaagavatam.

Raghavendra Hebbalalu hs_raghavendra at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 22 13:12:53 CDT 2000

To add some more to the list, there
is the nArAyaNIyaM by shrI nArAyaNa bhaTTatiri, who
was an ardent devotee of Guruvayurappan (the Lord of
GuruvayUr). It is a collection of the lilAs of
shrImannArAyaNa in about 1000 beautiful shlokas. The
author composed it to relieve him of a peculiar
ailment. The pArAyaNa of the nArAyaNiyaM is supposed
to grant many benefits. shrI rAmakrishNa maTh has
published this beautiful work with an English
translation by swAmi tapasyAnanda(?)

For those who can understand Kannada, there
is a scholarly translation of the 10th, 11th and 12th
skandhas by vidvAn.h N.Ranganatha Sharma. The benefit
is that the shlokAs are in samskrita and the
translation is given below. I forget the name of the
publisher.

Again for people who know Kannada, there is a
vachanabhAgavata, which is an easy reading of
the bhAgavata, by shrI TS shAmarao. This has been
published by the rAmakrishNAshrama of Mysore.

There is an extract from the 11th skandha known as
the uddhava-gItA published separately by Ramakrishna
Math. It is a conversation between shrI kR^ishNa and
His devotee/friend uddhava. It has 18 chapters,just
like the bhagavadgItA, if I am not mistaken.

The bhAgavata is verily a treasure filled ocean.

Regards,
Raghavendra.

http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l.html