parents and marriage

swamy swarna swamyswarna at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 4 10:34:00 CST 2002

hari om. In Gita, Sri Krishna tells Arjuna that He is
the Doer, the Deed and the Observer too. Similarly in
Sri Vishnu Sahasranama, "Yagno, Yagnapatir Yagna,
Yagnango, Yagnavahana" refers to the same idea so
elaborately given by Sri Sadanananda. Since analogies,
though not perfect do help to clarify an idea, here
are a few more.

A water drop separated from the mass of water has a
separate boundary, caused by surface tension. IF the
water drop had a consciousness, it would certainly
feel different from the massive body, but when brought
together, it just merges without a trace.

A ray of light emanating from Sun 'feels' far away
from its origin, but when it strikes a surface it is
reflected or scattered back to its origin. Of course
in scattering only a small part reaches the starting
point.

Thus all of us, though part of the same Brahman, feel
different because of our ego, which itself is a
product of maya, which makes us forget our true
nature.

Intellectual understanding of this truth is the first
step in experiencing the truth, it seems. So, we are
on the right path.

swamy sv

--- kuntimaddi sadananda <kuntimaddisada at YAHOO.COM>