Study of Vedas

Wed Apr 10 08:09:01 CDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Prasad Balasubramanian wrote:

> Under the topic "Veda Rakshanam" in "Deivathin Kural" (Hindu Darma\ ) of
> HH ChandraShekarendra Saraswati Swamigal, HH explains how important vEda
> rakshaNam is and how bramhans have gone away from their basic duty of
> vEda aDHyayanam and rakshaNam. I've a question on this.  Will vEdas &
> vEdic knowledge ever be endangered ? If so, can we attribute this to
> kali yuga ? Is it not simply the cyclic process thats employed by
> parabhramhan in which at any particular point of earth time, how well
> the vEdas & vEdic knowledge are made use of and being protected can/will
> always be a function of some variable as defined by Him (which we may/do
> not know) ?

Yes, one of the hallmarks of the yugas is the declining level of
knowledge.  But our conception of the Vedic mantras is similiar to laws of
nature.  Just because a particular phenomenon is not observed or
understood doesn't mean it has stopped existing.  So the other shakhas are
merely in hiding as it were until the wheel of time should turn again.