Translation Series - Gita Bhashya - Preface

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 2 17:56:17 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- Vidyasankar <vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> July 24 2002, Wednesday, 11:45 AM, Pacific Standard
> Time.
> Posted by Vidyasankar

> again. List members may be interested in reading
> about the background of the
> Gita in the following archived post, which relates
> it to the Mahabharata
> epic in which the text is found -

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind9808e&L=advaita-l&P=494

In the article referred above, it reads, 'the foster
father' of Satyavathi refused to give her in marriage
to Santanu unless her progeny get the kingdom.

My question is why is the word 'foster father' used
instead of 'father'. Was she not his daughter ???

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna