Can one realise the Brahman by intellect alone?

Mon Jul 22 07:56:28 CDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Roger Floyd wrote:

> I am a westerner and a newcomer to the list. However membership has begun to
> reveal to me the full extent and richness of  the vedic spiritual tradition
> which was not my birthright and I grow very sad.

The particulars of the tradition that many of us on the list follow may
not be your birthright and thus denied to you but the knowledge of Brahman
cannot because it is not a "thing" to be lost or acquired but the very
ground and essence of your being.  Any conscious being who engages in
self-reflection is capable of grasping that knowledge it is just a
matter of finding the most practical method.  So why be sad?