"Jagat satya!"

Aniruddhan ani at EE.WASHINGTON.EDU
Tue Jul 23 10:22:59 CDT 2002

namaste Sri Ashish,

>disciples and they saw a Sadhu coiled up in the foetal position. Sri
>Ramakrishna asked him: Is God one or many, and the Sadhu replied, He is one
>in Samaadhi and (appears as) many at other times.

I'm not sure whether Sri Ramakrishna is addressing the "many gods vs one
god" point or the non-dual experience of a JnAnI. If it is the latter, my
understanding is that a JnAnI sees a non-dual Atman ALWAYS, and not only in
samadhi. Samadhi is still a vyavaharic experience, I think.

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAda Sam.karam lokaSam.karam

Aniruddhan