A question on manifestation of maya

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Fri Mar 29 19:49:52 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Prasad Balasubramanian wrote:

> Kindly elaborate on the term kAlamAna.
>

> namaste.
>
> In my view, it is obvious that kAla is included in the avastha, rather
> than avastha is included in the kAla.
>
> Each avastha has its own kAlamAna and each kAlamAna is independent of
> the other avastha.

namaste.

What I mean by kAlamAna is a measure of time. What I meant by the
above was: The jAgrat avastha has its own scale of time. The svapna
avastha has its own time-scale. A five-minute dream (in the wake-up
time scale) my span a full life-time during the dream time-scale.
The wake-up time scale disappears during the dream and the dream
time-scale disappears during the wake-up state. Thus, I would take
it that the kAla, the time, is included in the avastha.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy