Upadesha sahasri(cont)

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 14 19:00:26 CST 2002

Hari Om !!

--- ken knight <hilken_98 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

25.     The teacher should say, “You ought not, my
child,
regard it so; because a doctrine of difference is
forbidden.” In reply to the question, “ Why is it
forbidden,” the following other Shruti texts may be
cited: “He who knows ‘that Brahman is one and I am
another ‘ does not know (Brahman),” (1.4.10) “He who
regards the Brahmanical caste as different from
himself is rejected by that caste.” (Br.U. 2.4.6) “He
who perceives diversity in Brahman goes from death to
death,” (Br.U. 4.4.19) and so on.

What is meant by :

"“He who
regards the Brahmanical caste as different from
himself is rejected by that caste.” (Br.U. 2.4.6)"

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna

http://webhosting.yahoo.com