what is the minimum?

V. Krishnamurthy profvk at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 18 12:26:32 CST 2002

Namaste
Steve.wray writes:

<I am curious as to the lists perceptions of the
minimum requirement for Advaita Vedanta; is knowledge
of specific historical facts, specific geographical
knowledge, exposure to specific writings and so forth a
requirement?>

The minimum requirement for advaita is to keep the goal of sama-dRiShTi
mentioned and emphasised in all Hindu scriptures and capsuled into one
sloka by the Lord in Gita VI-20:
yo mAm pashyati sarvatra sarvam ca mayi pashyati /
tasyAhaM na praNashyaMi sa ca me na praNashyati //
meaning, He who sees me everywhere (and in every thing) and who sees every
thing in Me, -- to Him I am never lost nor is he missed by Me.

praNAms to all seekers of spirituality
profvk