Lakshmi Narayana Temple Pratishta

Mon Sep 2 00:37:22 CDT 2002

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> Does it mean that I can consult any 'Vaishavite'
> practice/tradition for construction and daily worship
> ?

Famous mandirs like Tirupati follow Vaishnava Agamas and Smartas don't
have any problem having Bhagavan Venkateshwar as their ishtadeva do they?

> What is the Agamic tradition followed in Kanchi Matha
> ?

You would have to ask them.  I do know they have funded schools for both
Vaishnava and Shaiva archakas.

> But, once you let a Vaishnavite priest start worship,
> he pushes away all the inclination towards Advaitic
> thought. Am I right ?

I don't see why this has to be the case.  And who says you can't push
back?  I attend a Vaishnava (Pushti Margi) mandir and I don't have any
problems with it.  My daily worship at home is another matter entirely and
I wouldn't let anyone interfere with that.