Creation theories (was Re: What is the exact meaning/signific ance of this?)

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan_kc at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 25 11:37:16 CDT 2003

Namaskaaram,

>I have some questions ;
>
>1. How did we (humans) come to know the fact that there are two kinds of
>satyas exist in the first place? What pramaNa is there to support this ?

Since the Absolute is spoken of as non-dual in vedanta(that's the pramANa),
a direct consequence of this is that the duality that we are experiencing
currently is not the highest truth. Since the day to day duality does not
even need any pramANa from any book(as it is being validated by experience),
a question arises as to how one can explain this in harmony with vedanta.
The obvious answer is to propose difference at the vyavahArik level though
the paramArthik level is devoid of difference.

>2. Is this concept of "Vyavaharika Satya" real in absolute sense or not ?

The very idea of vyavahArika satya is that it is not paramArthik. It is no
secret that sruti has both bheda and abheda portions in it. If bheda is
accepted eternally, there is no way in which one can harmonize it with
abheda portions WITHOUT VIOLATING THE TEXT OF THE SRUTI OR WITHOUT DRAWING
RIDICULOUS OR COMPLICATED CONCLUSIONS FROM APPARENTLY DIRECT AND SIMPLE
STATEMENTS.

Best Regards
Kalyan