Consciousness Speaks - by Sri Ramesh Balsekar

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 29 18:28:40 CST 2003

Hari Om !!

--- Vidyasankar <vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> One truly
> transcends vyavahAra only
> when one recognizes that there is no karma
> whatsoever in the brahman state.
> Otherwise, actions will keep coming back in, one way
> or the other, because
> the ignorance that is behind these actions has not
> been destroyed.

As I mentioned earlier, I would appreciate a more
detailed explanation of these statements.

In one view, I do not agree with what you wrote here.
Even a J~nani is performing actions. It is only that
there is no doer for the j~nani himself. Yes, we do
see a body+mind doing the actions. But, as I
understand that body and mind is an instrument of God,
and there is no individual doer.

Your explanation that "> One truly
> transcends vyavahAra only
> when one recognizes that there is no karma
> whatsoever in the brahman state."  is different from
a jivan mukta's state of 'acting' in this world.

Would you please expound more on this 'karma in
Brahman' aspect.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna