[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200] srinivas.kotekal at pharmacia.com
Mon Jun 2 16:11:42 CDT 2003

Namaste,

>This is precisely the question. Leaving aside what the
>Visishtadvaita or Dvaita or Advaita philosophy says,
>why is it that the modern mystics say that 'Advaita'
>is their 'DIRECT' experience ? Why do not they say,
>that Dvaita is their DIRECT experience. So, is Sruthi
>contradictory to this DIRECT experience, if we were to
>go by Dvaita or Visishtadvaita expositions ?

How do we validate the so called modern mystics and their "Direct
experience" to be real ? Anybody can claim any ** direct experience **. Why
do you believe what they all experiencing is **DIRECT REALITY**  ? it can be
hallucination also ? So, what is the measure ?

In case all those claims are just 'Mystism' and definitely not Vedanta !

Regards,
Srinivas

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer.