[Advaita-l] e-vEdAnta course

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Nov 7 16:03:11 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Sundaram, Vaidya (MED) wrote:

> namaskaram.
>  In my opinion, paying for the course is no different from going to the
> store and buying a book. Especially, when you can ask questions in return,
> and get answers, unlike in a book. The knowledge is priceless, accepted.
> That should not mean that it should not be structured or terms set for its
> access. It's human tendency to value something more only when you have to
> part with something else. Especially money. In olden days, one had to wait
> for the teacher to accept you as a valid disciple to ask the question. You
> can end up waiting 10 years to ask one question. None of us today are
> qualified (or even ready!) for that level of discipline.

Becoming a doctor is hard.  One has to wait to be accepted into a medical
college, study for years, complete a residency etc.  You can end up
waiting 10 years to do one little operation.  None of us today are
qualified (or even ready!) for that level of discipline.

So instead we should just spend $350 for an email course in meat-carving
right?

You don't need to be a prophet to realize that any enterprise that does
not challenge but aims for the lowest common denominator will not come to
a good end.