[Advaita-l] Question on a short suurya namaskaaram

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:17:03 CST 2005

May I ask what the durgaa suuktam has to do with my original question?
At least the durgaa suuktam has 1 verse in praise of durgaa. My mail
had no reference to durgaa.

Furthermore it was your condescending tone with reference to the
durgaa suuktam to Ravi which I found annoying. Do you know that in
Sringeri they use Durgaa suuktam to worhip the devi?

Furthermore it is practice among shishhTas to use certain mantras for
agni to praise durgaa. Can you point out a single reference in any
literature that such usage is prohibited? Practice among shissTas is
an authoritative form of knowledge unless contradicted explicitly by
shruti or smR^iti.

Rama