[Advaita-l] Kundalini as a product of not-yet-understood biol ogy?

praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com
Fri Mar 11 21:56:30 CST 2005

praNAm-s all,

Maheshji said:
> In my opinion, intense Jnana can take you very far indeed. But, on
> this path, at the point when "everything falls into place" or one
> achieves Self Realization, it requires a huge leap of
> intution...logic, shrutis and debates would appear to be quite limited
> in their usefullness after this.

Again, "when one achieves self-realization", it may well be as you say. But
then, thats only for the realized; for others, logic, shruti, debate, etc
would *still* be the means and one cannot discount their usefulness. Pls
correct me if a jnAni said otherwise.

Maheshji said:
> Silence would be a more appropriate expression of this truth.

Maybe, maybe not. For, if a jnAni keeps silence, who will teach us mortals,
unless we ourselves are capable to learn from His silence?

Maheshji said:
> Which brings me to the above point - who can claim to follow only one
> path on this arduous journey of self discovery? It seem nigh
> impossible. Sri Sankara singing "Bhaja Govindam" shows Bhakti, in the
> same song one of the verses talks of regulation of breath (Raja yoga),
> his setting up Maths for the welfare of people shows intense karma
> done with a desire to serve and that he was a Jnani is impossible to
> overlook. So, to reach this goal, one needs to follow all the paths to
> some degree to make the journey more easier.

Agreed. The only problem, if I may call it that, arises when we *mix* paths!
*Following* was an understated fact on my part.

jai bajrangabali,
--praveen