[Advaita-l] RE: Welcome to the "Advaita-l" mailing list

Ravi Purohit ravi_purohit_4 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:50:38 CST 2005

Namo Narayan, jai shree krishna
my name is ravi shashikant purohit. i am 18 years of age, and live in the
heart of belgrave in leicester UK. i am a student of the sciences, and
numeracy. i hope to attain a career in healthcare. more importantly, i am a
diciple of a retired shankarcharya, and wish to broaden my knowlegde on
advait vedanta. my parents are devout bhagats, but i, from a young age
wanted more than to worship. when i was given guru diksha i did not know
what my guru stood for due to mere geographical limitaions, but started
researching the upainishads and the gita. Advita immediatley stood out, and
made sence to me. maybe it was because my guru had influenced me without me
knowing. in his recent visit to the uk, i found the courage to talk to him,
and learnt alot more. i am part of hindu youth uk leicester, from which i
was introduced to this forum. i hope to be accepted, and to attain vast
knowledge in this feild.