[Advaita-l] Largest Mercury Shivalingam in the World Created in Ujjain, India

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 09:23:58 CST 2005

Namaste.

Mercury is a liquid at room temperature, so my guess is that it was
amalgamated with another metal so as to make it a solid. For example,
mercury amalgamated with silver or gold is used in dental fillings
that are placed in one's mouth for years, and these pose no health
issues.

Or perhaps liquid mercury is placed inside another solid metal
container. Even so, it should be fine.

It would be interesting to compare this with the Brihadisvara Lingam
in Tamilnadu, which used to be the largest in the world.

Thanks,

Kartik

--- Yadu Moharir <ymoharir at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> This is shocking and really take the cake.  Mercury exposure is a
> huge problem and a major concern for the industrialized Nations and
> rather than learning from the scientific findings we are
> deliberately ignoring it by promoting this nonsense, under the
> banner of culture.
>
> Does any one realize the toxicity of mercury?  Has anyone even
> considered before undertaking this "Blind Faith"?
>
> Just do a Pub-Med Search and Goggle search and find our the
> associated problems. Indian Government should totally ban such
> nonsense.  Worshiping in the atmosphere of mercury the saadhaaka
> would not only reduce his life span but quality of living even a
> normal health.
>
> He not going to the heaven bout creating a hell on the Earth.  This
> inviting "a-Laxmi".  No one can save us if we have decided to
> destroy ourselves.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dr. Yadu

Work for the Employer with the best benefits! Work for God!