[Advaita-l] dates of first texts

Sylvain elisabeth-sylvain at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 6 06:15:53 CDT 2006

Namaste

On another list, someone claims that the notion of  " love " first appeared
in the jewish sacred texts, around 12 centuries before Christ.

This person also says that buddhists took back the jewish notion of " love "
in presenting " compassion ".

May i ask which hindu sanskrit word most accurately represent notions of  "
love " and " compassion " (karuna?) and when this notion is commonly
recognised to have been written first ?

Sylvain