[Advaita-l] mahanyasa

Neelakanta, Nataraja nataraja.neelakanta at sap.com
Mon Jan 9 01:11:33 CST 2006

Dear Prashant,

I would like to add few more things to what Bhaskar has said. Its true
that its taken from various parts of Vedas. For example, there is a set
of mantras starting from :

Aashushisshhano vrishabho na yudhmo ...

Its found both in Rig and Yajurveda. I do not know where it comes in
Yajur, but it comes in 10th mandala, 103rd suktha of Rigveda samhita.

I had already spoken about Shivasankalpa. And as many of you are aware
of , Namah shambhave cha ... In sri rudram describes the face of lord
Shiva, that is why it comes very often in Mahaanyasa.

BR,
nattu