[Advaita-l] worship

jagannathan mahadevan jagannathan.mahadevan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 12:40:19 CDT 2006

NamaskAram,

It was illuminating to know the meaning behind some of the procedures
of pUjA to a deity.

I have a doubt which I have had for a long time. Is a pUjA normally
perfomed only for one deity? I suppose it is so from what I have read
in the threads-kindly correct my impression if wrong. We do have
different deities on our altar for worship. Is mere presence of the
deity's picture or mUrthi in the altar necessitate a pUjA for the
deity? Also is there a pUjA vidhAnam for living saints?

Thank you very much in advance,
Sincerely,
Jagan.