[Advaita-l] Age/History of Sankara

B Shridhar kameshwarii at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 12:35:25 CDT 2006

Honestly I was waiting for you to respond being the perpetrator of this
whole mudslinging exercise.

I have been pleading to everyone (including you) to exercise restraint while
you as a moderator was just a mute spectator .

I had to use harsh language to deter the so called sringeri protagonists and
which to a large extent I did succeed as they had nothing to offer but
irresponsible devotion. I could clearly see that they had very little or
almost nil knowledge of history but ample amount of ill placed devotion.

The readers have to judge who has to carry out more research i.e. you or me,
when you can state that the celeberation of sankara jayanthi started after
1910 only and that too being acknowledged in "all sources".
who are the so called "all sources" ?
Are you too so naive to think that all the sankaracharya mutts were not
celebrating sankara jayanthi till 1910 ??
Or you think all of us are naive to accept your statement as it is.
Or you have started feeling so much egoistic that people will tend to
believe whatever you say.

I am satisfied with my knowledge of the sankaracharya institutions whereas
those talks here has been completely biased and just hearsay.

As regards age disparity due to lineages, no one can give any specific proof
to support that the sringeri lineage of 36 bramachari acharyas are older in
lineage to the 70 bramachari acharyas of the kudali, 70 bramachari acharyas
of kanchi, 145 grahasta acharyas of puri etc...
Your asking me to browse the archives to find answers dont impress me at
all, as the above disparity cannot be explained eventhough as usual certain
readers can be found bulldozing around making their viewpoint without data
and some others to support them in their endeavour.

I can say for one thing that you have been the most irresponsible moderator
who has his inherent bais which makes this site more of a sringeri site than
a site for advaitam.

B. Shridhar