[Advaita-l] Concept of soul

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:03:16 CDT 2007

Pranams Kuntimaddi-ji:

You write:
>> "These cancer cells or the tissue cells that are extracted are taken over
by another subtle bodies that is >> of unicelluar nature since they function
and reproduce. "

We seem to changing the books here. The "standard" understanding is that a
subtle body "takes birth" as "fresh" new life. Now we seem to say that when
there is a mutation of a cell (assuming that is what cancer is), a subtle
body enters it. And even if we grant this, what happens when the culture
turns out to be benign? What is the enlivining principle of the normal cells
now? When I give blood, my RBCs are intact and normal but not within my
body. What is their enlivining principle?

Thanks, Mahesh