[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 20:41:43 CST 2007

I'm sorry for having used a "tone", as many seem to think that I've
insulted a great master. I had not the slightest intention of
insulting anyone, let alone a respectable person like SSS. I've
learned a lot from Sri Subhanu Saxena, whose breath and depth of
knowledge I admire very much. I have also learned quite a bit from
Venkat Subramanian and Bhaskar Y.R., who write very enlightening
emails.

But I'm really surprised that list-members had not noted that I had
given only two distinct possibilities:

Possibility 1: Apastamba, H.H. of Sringeri, Ramana Maharshi, Sankara
and Brihadaranyaka Upanishad - are all mistaken.

Possibility 2: SSS - alone is mistaken.

Given the choice between above two possibilities, which one would
list-members prefer? Frankly - and I must be completely honest here -
I much prefer the second possibility to the first.

I actually typed out my email with no uppercase letters (other than
those required by grammar), but changed only one sentence to
all-capitals for the sake of EMPHASIS only, to point out that the
second possibility is far less mind-boggling compared to the first
possibility, not to be rude by any means.

Regards,
Kartik

PS: I'll reply to Annapureddy Siddhartha Reddy's email in detail later.