[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 22:18:47 CST 2007

--- Ravishankar Venkatraman <sunlike at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/2/07, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:
> <rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com>
>
> >Read SSS works and see how his tone is with respect to Padmapaada
> and
> >Vaacaspati Mishra.
>
> Please recall an earlier thread “Mathur Prakriya”, where Venkata
> Subramanian
> mentions:

> In fact, H.H. The Sringeri Jagaduru Sri Abhinva Vidya Thirtha
> Mahasannidhanam actually praised Holenarsipur Swamiji as "a true
> Bhakta of
> the (mula) Acharya".   The Srigeri Jagadguru donated in fact,
> towards the
> Swamiji's "Vedanta Prakriya Prathyabhignya" his Magnum Opus in
> Sanskrit.
> This Swamiji is one of the very few, whom the Sringeri Jagadguru
> visited and
> met.
>
> The Late Kodur Krishna Joyes, Asthana Vidwan of Sringeri was his
> student in
> fact.  Many of the Sringeri Patroned Vidwans are his students.
>
> Unquote
>
> Why not follow HH Mahasannidhanam's example as opposed to SSS
> example, who
> anyway is not someone you would wish to follow?

So Ravishankar, you agree that it is possible to disagree with
someone on philosophical grounds, but at the same time respect that
person.

Why then do you accuse me of "Guru nindA" for merely pointing out a
miscomprehension on the part of SSS? No doubt I disagreed with his
conclusions, but why should that be construed of as an insult?

Thanks,
Kartik