[Advaita-l] Re: Vaiyaasika-nyaaya-maalaa

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:46:54 CST 2007

On 1/25/07, Ravi Mayavaram <abhayambika at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <rama.balasubramanian at ...> writes:
>

> > One detail that I forgot to mention: The VNM has a vyaakhyaanaa by
> > Srimad Bhaaratii tiirtha Svaamina.h himself. The notes by JBS are
> > based on this. Only the verse parts are available in Sanskrit, the
> > vyAkhyaana has not been published here.
> >
> > The published book has a shrImukham from the current head of Srigeri
> > Matha, also name Sri Bhaaratii Tirtha.
> >

> Thanks Rama. Did JBS write any other complete translation of BSB?

Ravi,

I think he may have, but I am not sure. It sounded like this is the
first time the VNM translation of JBS is being published (from the
preface), it seems to have existed only in manuscript form. I have
read/have about 15 books by him. It would be great if someone could
compile a bibliography of JBS. I consider him one of the best writers
in the English/Tamiz languages. Perhaps the next time I visit India,
I'll eqnuire around.

Rama