[Advaita-l] jnAna-vijnAna, gradations in Atma jnAna,

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:58:39 CST 2007

On 3/9/07, Ravishankar Venkatraman <sunlike at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: NARAYANA MURTHY <malahanikareswara at yahoo.co.in>
>

> >   My family belong to shrungeri sharada peetham and that of my wife's
> >belong to kanchi math.  As already said by shri. Vidyasankar, no one can
> >officially or unofficially talk on behalf of either of the maths.  But the
> >tone and tenor of your letter gave an impression that devotees of shrungeri
> >math pour vitriolics about kanchi math.  This is far from true.  For one
> >thing, the devotees of shrungeri math have high esteem for periavaas of
> >kanchi math.  Without prejudice to this fact, they address the issues from
> >a historical or intellectual platform wherever they warrant so.
> >

> The article in the link speaks for itself. I am not giving any impression
> here. Time and again sanyAsis of the tradition have been belittled to
> promote a particular point of view.

"Time and again sanyAsis of the tradition have been belittled to
promote a particular point of view."

I agree 200%. Sri J~naanaananda Bharatii, author of 100+ very lucid
books on advaita, priya-shiShya of Candrashekhara Bharati and
Mahasannidhanam, has been belittled by that article pretty badly.

Oops, my bad, that's not what you were talking about were you? What
you are saying is no one should contradict anything which comes from
the Kanchi Mutt, and we'll all live happily thereafter. A small price
to pay - let's belittle JBS. That's not too bad a price, right?

> A reader will know what is prejudiced writing and what is not.

I certainly know a prejudiced post when I see one. It's right there in
the link you sent.

Rama