[Advaita-l] jnAna-vijnAna, gradations in Atma jnAna,

Ravishankar Venkatraman sunlike at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:41:55 CST 2007

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

>"Time and again sanyAsis of the tradition have been belittled to
>promote a particular point of view."
>
>I agree 200%. Sri J~naanaananda Bharatii, author of 100+ very lucid
>books on advaita, priya-shiShya of Candrashekhara Bharati and
>Mahasannidhanam, has been belittled by that article pretty badly.
>
>Oops, my bad, that's not what you were talking about were you? What
>you are saying is no one should contradict anything which comes from
>the Kanchi Mutt, and we'll all live happily thereafter. A small price
>to pay - let's belittle JBS. That's not too bad a price, right?

Rama,

Interesting. Now I know where this conversation is leading to. I am trying
to recollect from my memory some of the earlier posts on the same article by
Ra. Ganapathi. It looks to me that you are extrapolating too much on what
Ra. Ganapathi wrote. In fact, I read it the other way. Ra. Ganapathi had
some anger on Krishnaswamy Iyer, which went away after reading the book. I
do not know how it is damaging anyone's reputation.

Further I feel it is not correct to discuss about people who are not even
alive. I will not be replying to this topic anymore.

God bless,
Ravi