[Advaita-l] athma is mere function of the brain [was: concept of soul]

latha vidyaranya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 16 12:41:11 CDT 2007

hari om
  namaste

  i found an interesting sentence here.

"Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

Why does it matter? A rock or piece of metal is as much Brahman as you or I except it lacks consciousness so it cannot know this.

  to say that it lacks consciousness may not be correct. i think it is the limited perception of our human sensory apparatus that does not perceive consciousness in inanimate objects and not that they do not have consciousness.

  If perchance it
could develop consciousness and understand non-duality then it could
achieve moksha just like you or I.

very true. and one who achieves moksha is the sole knower of that fact and no outsider can ever perceive if the knower knows or not.

  namaste