[Advaita-l] Analysis of madhvAcArya’s mAyAvAdakhaNDanam (fwd)

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 15:56:27 CST 2008

Dear Makwanaji,

Adi Sankaracharya himself composed stutis and he also said "Bhaktyartha kalpitam Dvaita Advaitadapi sundaram". Bhakti is the driving force to bring the bhakta near God and at the stage when the separation between the bhakta and God disappears, the bhakti is left behind and only the Prjana prevails and that is the state of Advaita. Advaita does accept Dvaita at the level of Vyavaharika Satya. So saying a stuti does not violate the principle of Advaita but it lauds the efforts in removing the separation between the bhakta and God. The Advaitin aspires to go beyond the Dvaita level.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya