[Advaita-l] advaita texts in sanskrit?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Feb 27 14:17:00 CST 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Suresh wrote:

> Thanks, both of you, for your help. I meant sanskrit
> texts with word to word translations, which is lacking
> in the texts given in the suggested links. Thanks anyway.

Yes unfortunately we don't have any of those.  The only Vedantic works I
have seen with padachchheda like this (its more common for kavyas etc.)
are some of the ones published by the Ramakrishna Mission.  So you might
want to consult your local branch.

But if you really are serious about studying Vedanta, I would advise
everyone that it is worth your while to learn Sanskrit first before
rushing headlong into the advanced texts.  Getting a working knowledge
of Sanskrit grammar and vocabulary Is not as hard as people believe.