[Advaita-l] the meaning trapped into the word

Lakshminarayana narayana_kl_71 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 23:51:04 CDT 2008

--- On Mon, 7/28/08, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

>But to turn that into the notion that words are devoid
>of meaning is the difference between the man who has grown out of his
>clothes and a nudist!

I never suggested that words don't have meaning. (Nor did I suggest that speech has no purpose.) I only said that speech cannot reach brahman. Marko mentioned the gIta and I don't remember if this idea is presented there. But I do remember this idea being presented in an upanishad, so I mentioned it.