[Advaita-l] the meaning trapped into the word

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Jul 28 00:22:17 CDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Lakshminarayana wrote:

> I never suggested that words don't have meaning. (Nor did I suggest that
> speech has no purpose.)

Marko and some other posters seem to be implying it so I felt I should
explain that Advaita Vedanta does not teach anything like that at all.

> I only said that speech cannot reach brahman.
> Marko mentioned the gIta and I don't remember if this idea is presented
> there. But I do remember this idea being presented in an upanishad, so I
> mentioned it.

And thankyou for mentioning this important concept!  But I must stress
again the importance of context.  Speech cannot reach brahman
_for_the_man_who_has_already_reached_brahman_