[Advaita-l] Discussion on "Knowledge and the means of Knowledge", with reference to VP

sivaramakrishnan muthuswamy muthushiv at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 12:55:17 CDT 2008

Dear All,
Please help me in understanding the line "envelops the object,and takes the shape of the object".  How it is possible in Advaitic stand point of view? I was thinking that all these time that mind itself take the form of the object as it is the source and sink .  But the explanation of Dharmarajaji allows the dvaitic point of view where the object should have existed earlier so that mind can envelope it (just like the cast for metal/Wax sculpture should have existed before so that the gold smith can melt the gold and pour on the cast).  Please kindly correct my understanding if I am wrong.
Sincerely yours
Sivaramakrishnan