[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trvrtkarana (Analysis)

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 00:31:30 CDT 2009

Dear Vidyasankarji,

I agree. This "Samana" indicates a parallel relationship.

A statement that both "Dvaita" and "Advaita" are true, as Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa used to say, is a "Samana" statement. However Advaita recognisaes Dvaita through Vyavaharika Satya  but Dvaita does not recognise Advaita and that makes Advaita inclusive of Dvaita but the reverse is not implied.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya