[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trvrtkarana (Analysis)

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 03:41:20 CDT 2009

Gengtlemen,

Please excuse my ignorance of this matter -- and perhaps that of other readers..

Is all this argument built on the fact that Shankara's (very terse) Pancikarana v.1 speaks of five elements in one context, and Chandogya 6.3.4 mentions only three of them in another context (creation of the devati) ? (The Chandogya having discussed akasha several times in earlier chapters.)

Please enlighten me. It's not by any means the first time that this question has arisen on this site..

Michael