[Advaita-l] Svarita in RV and YV (was Re: SRI SUKTAM - Meaning)

Dr D Bharadwaj drdbharadwaj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:26:06 CST 2009

Dear SrI Bhadriah

Namaste.

Excellent exposition indeed. Yes Jaldharji said it 'all'....
I was enjoying the comprehensiveness of his post.

But, passingly, you had mentioned something that
may be construed as a sort of a contradiction.

You had said :

In fact to go one step further, there are upanishats which even say one
should

become a brahmana (at least by end of life), so you can very well raise
yourself

from your current (whatever) level.
Does that mean that there is a pramANa for the possibity of
one 'becoming a brahmana' optionally? This rises many related
issues. I am yet to come across any vedic pramANa for the claim by many well
meaning even well read scholarly persons, that such a 'becoming' was upheld
by dharma.

Can you please mention, sir, the names of the particular upanishats that not
only seem to uphold such a possibility but also seem to have enjoined that
one 'should' become a brahmana.

Would also like to know if those upanishats had shed any light on the
process of 'becoming a brahmana'.

Kindy consider the question as academic and not as the one intending
to personally challenging you in any manner.

Regards,

sarvE bhavanthu sukhinah
sarvE santhu niraamayaah
sarve bhadrANi pasyanthu