[Advaita-l] Sankhya & Yoga

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Tue May 26 14:04:26 CDT 2009

Dear Shri Bhattacharjya & Shri Srikanta

It was me who thought Purusha could be lower than PrakRti, becauase the higher position was occupied by Hara. This is not a major item but we can see there are some differences between sAmkhya as known to s'v U and sAmkhya as we know today. We can agree to disagree and hope we can understand this better.

I am not very supportive of the wording 'denial of individual self', because this can create many needless conflicts in logic. Is this wording a part of sAmkhya? At times when you may be identified with higher devas, how do you 'deny the individual self'? in which case you have to deny Indra?

I like the part about viveka khyAti in sAmkhya.  This seems to be a form of controlled automation of the learning process that spreads knowledge of one liberated cell to rest, so that the higher devas can be invoked by a mere glance.

Regards

Bhadraiah