[Advaita-l] Sankara on sannyAsa for Steadiness in GYAna (was Re: Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 5)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 10:27:36 CDT 2009

> But this jnAna is NOT the sole property of the
> residents of saNyAsAshrama...Those who do not have the vedAdhikAra they

Bhaskar, I have been following this debate to the best of my ability and time constraints, but can you point out to me one person/post where AtmajnAna is declared to be the sole property of the ASrama called sannyAsa?

> too can attain the 'same' result by itihAsa purANa...but fact remains that
> they have to have that Atma jnAna only nothing else and this jnAna does
> not come from the purusha tantra 'karma' and this karma has to be elevated
> to the status of karmaphala saNyAsa rUpa karma yOga to get jnAna nishTe.

What do you mean by the above? jnAna does not come from karma, but karma yoga involving karmaphala sannyAsa = jnAna nishThA? How?

> Dear Karthik prabhuji, thanks for your reference from brahma sUtra...I
> shall look at it when I go home today. And be rest assured I am going to
> disprove NOT shankara but those who are declaring : WITHOUT EMBRACING
> SANYAASA ASHRAMA THERE IS NO MUKTI WHATSOEVER :-))

Again, don't you think you are breaking down a strawman here?

Vidyasankar