[Advaita-l] Sankara on sannyAsa for Steadiness in GYAna (was Re: Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 5)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Oct 22 05:12:59 CDT 2009

Then Janaka told him that though he (Janaka) is busy in the  material
world his attention is only on the Brahman and not on anything of the
material world. This was the final lesson on Brahmavidya or rather the
application of the Brahmavidya while living in this world of matters.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

For that matter 'mrutyudevata' yama dharma rAja too, who is 'always' busy
in taking our lives with his pAsha, settling our accounts with the help of
ledger of chitra gupta, always seen busy in his 'official' work (atleast
for those who want believe a 'hand' behind death :-))...and nachiketa
'waited' for him & denied all other comforts for the sake of brahma vidya.
 Unfortunately, here in this episode both teacher & pupil were not
saNyAsi-s :-(( and satyakAma jAbAli , uddAlaka svetaketu of chAndOgya,
krishna - arjuna in geeta, bheeshma, vidhura in mahAbhArata were too
non-saNyAsi-s who were engaged themselves in giving & taking brahma
vidya:-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar